Thursday, August 19, 2010

Missing My Girl!


To My Dear Sweet Olivia,

You are away visiting your cousins in San Antonio. I know you are having a blast and loving every minute of it, but we sure do miss you! The house is too quite without you! Here is a letter I wrote to you a few weeks ago for your 4th birthday:

You are 4 now. Every day you amaze me! You are absolutely gorgeous, you are a joy to be around, you are as smart as a whip, and you make me laugh every day! You are the smartest 4 year old ever! You can read about 30 words, you know many of your states, you have a HUGE vocabulary, you comprehend every book I read to you, you point out many roadside attractions, you can tell about 15 stories from the Bible, and you have a great sense of humor! You say wonderful prayers at dinner. “Thank you God for our family and food. Amen” You love to read and read at least 8 books a day. You love to dance, you dance every single day, either at home or in public (even restaurants). And you are so good at it! When I ask you what you want to be when you grow up, you always say a ballet teacher. You are also good at music and keeping a beat. You love to make your sister laugh, even though sometimes you wind up in time out for it (knocking her down, pushing her over like Goliath). You love anything girly and pink. You do not like watching movies, you are afraid of any kind of bad guy or scary music. You also do not like to play by yourself. I can’t tell you how many times I hear, “Mommy, can you play with me?” You also do not like sleeping by yourself. Around 4 or 5 a.m. you come to my side of the bed and stare at me. When I say, “What do you need?” you say “You.” So of course, I go and sleep with you! I love cuddling with you so I don’t mind one bit! You are still a picky eater but seem to get better and better every day. You now like strawberries and lettuce, which you used to refuse to eat. You are gentle and kind to your pets. Every day I see you give them cuddles or kisses. You also request that Lucy sleeps with you, and you notice the moment she’s missing. Andy/Pinkies also loves to lay on your bed at night. You love to learn about nature, birds, flowers, and animals. But you are afraid of most bugs. You still love to wear dresses every day and despise jeans or slacks. You are friendly and outgoing. You love going to school and Sunday School.

Olivia Hope, I am the luckiest Mommy in the world because I have you. Every day I thank God for you. I am SO proud of you! I love you always and forever!

~Mommy

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is so sweet! You are a great Mommy!